A Level 2 Course
If you are a professional or serious wine enthusiast this course is for you! It covers the top wine producing countries in the old and new world. If you are currently in the wine or hospitality industries you can start you Guild education with the course.
This course provides the wine regional knowledge and tasting skills to become a wine aficionado or to work in the wine industry.
- Evalution of 40+ wines from around the world
- Germany and Austria
- Spain and Portugal, including fortified wines
- North American Wine including Mexico, Canada and the USA
- Australia and New Zealand
- South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Uruguay
- South Africa
- Nouveau New World: China, India, Japan
- Event Planning
- Wine Making
- How to read a wine label from each country studied and write it correctly for a wine list
- Sommelier Service (and practical exam)
- Descriptive and Comparative Wine Evaluation
- 500+ pages of educational material designed specifically for this course
Schedule & Format
This course is available in two formats: (1) 10 weeks meeting once a week for 4 hours (6:30pm to 10:30pm) or (2) an intensive study course meeting from 8:30am to 5:30pm 5 days (Monday through Friday). We also provide lunch each day for intensive study courses. When you go to the schedule you have the option to sign up for either format.
Please sign up early, some materials are sent out in advance to help you prepare for one of the final exams.