Our Wine Fundamentals class is a 1-day seminar to help prepare those who have no experience with wine or feel they need some preparation, or a remedial short-course, before attending the Level 1 Wine Seminar.
Wine Fundamentals: Wine Components & Basics
This 1-day course presents an overview of the fundamentals of red, white, rosé, fortified, sparkling, and late harvest wines through a series of wine evaluation exercises and lectures.
- Learn about still, effervescent, fortified, and late harvest wines
- Receive an overview of wine making
- Learn basic wine terminology
- In this one-day short course you will:
- Learn basic wine evaluation techniques
- Learn wine visual evaluation
- Learn about wine smell evaluation via a smell exercise of the 30 most common smells in wine
- Learn about wine taste evaluation via a taste exercise to learn how to
distinguish tannins, acids, sugars and alcohol in wine
- Taste 8+ wines
- Receive 25 pages of educational material
Lunch is provided as part of your tuition. If you have any dietary restrictions, please email Sherrie at email@example.com and accommodations will be made.
There are no educational or experience prerequisites for this introductory course. You may bypass this short-course and begin your education with the Level I Wine Certification Seminar if you feel you do not need a basic introductory course on wine.
This seminar does not offer a certification and there is no exam after finishing this seminar.