Blind Tasting Course
To be a true wine expert, you must develop objectivity in wine evaluation.
This course trains for double-blind evaluations (where the taster knows absolutely nothing about the wine before it is poured). Tasting a wine blind and then evaluating its quality and value is one of the best ways to establish an unbiased opinion about wine!
There is an art and science behind blind wine tasting and evaluation, which is essential to honing tasting skills and developing your personal tasting style.
- About 75+ wine evaluations
- Study and analysis of grape varietals
- Study of climate characteristics that impact wine character
- Soil and geology characteristics that impact wine character
- Growing area differentiation in wine
- Production techniques impacts
- Mechanics of tasting and developing your personal tasting style
- Technical and cosmetic defects, and additives in wine
- One or two double-blind tasting (of up to 5 wines) each class
- Master Candidate double-blind exam at end of course (optional) & diploma
- 500+ pages of course material specifically developed for this course
You recommend you complete the Advanced Wine Course and a minimum of two Advanced Regional
Courses before taking this Blind Tasting course. This is not a requirement, only a suggesting to make
the course easier for you.
Cost: $2,095 (includes about 75+ wine tastings, registration, course materials, and five-wine double-blind tasting
exam) for the 10-week course and $2,170 for the one-week intensive study course..