Basic Certification and Special Emphasis Certification Options
The International Wine Guild, Guild Wine Master (GWM) is an expert level certification. All Guild students who successfully complete the Level II Certification may continue their studies by enrolling in the Level III Certification program – the Guild Wine Master program.
When you enroll in the program you pay for courses as you take them. You may also take individual Level III courses for Continuing Education if you do not desire to earn a Level III Certification. Because each person has a unique education need we have designed the Level III Program to be flexible; you can enroll in the Basic Certification or any one of the different Special Emphasis Certification options.
Each Special Emphasis Certification Option allows you to take courses that better meet your professional or educational needs.
The Guild Wine Master Certification, whether you are completing the Basic Certification or one of the Special Emphasis Certification options, consists of seven (7) courses plus Master Exams for each of the courses you have completed.
Advanced Regional Elective Course Options
- Advanced Regional Italy
- Advanced Regional France
- Advanced Regional New World (1)
- Advanced Regional Europe (2)
(1) Adv. Reg. New World Covers: Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, South Africa, Canada, Mexico and the United States
(2) Adv. Reg. Europe Covers: Germany, Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria, Spain, Portugal and Switzerland
Advanced Fortified Wine and Spirits (F&S) Elective Course Options
Advanced Business Elective Course Options
Advanced History Elective Course Options
Level III Required Core Courses for All Certification Options
* There is a master exam for each Level III course you successfully complete whether you are in the basic or a special emphasis program. Before taking any Master Exams you must first successfully complete the Master Entrance Exam. The Mater Entrance Exam can be taken at any time during your course of study for a Level III Certification.
Plus one of the following Guild Wine Master paths
… Basic Certification Course Requirements
Or… Wine Business Special Emphasis
Or… Retail Wine Buyer Special Emphasis
Or… New World Wine Special Emphasis
Or… Old World Wine Special Emphasis
Or… Wine Importer Special Emphasis
Or… Wine Historian Special Emphasis